Do you want to fast this Lent?
In the words of Pope Francis
Fast from hurting words and say kind words.
Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude.
Fast from anger and be filled with patience.
Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.
Fast from worries and have trust in God.
Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
Fast from pressures and be prayerful.
Fast from bitterness and fill your hearts with joy.
Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
Fast from grudges and be reconciled.
Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.
The following videos will have you thinking about Lent in a different way. Check them out. View one a day or binge watch. Lent - 40 days that can change your life! What are you waiting for?
Online opportunities to explore for Lenten prayer and reflection:
- Loyola Press, a Jesuit Ministry: Lenten Resources: online retreats, prayers,articles and videos; Living Lent Daily, daily Lenten reflections that can be emailed directly to you.
- Journey through Lent with the Diocese of Albany resource page.
- Online Ministries from Creighton University: Praying Lent this Year; reflections, prayers, audio and retreats for Lent
- From the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB): Daily Lenten Reflections, Lenten Prayer; including Lectio Divina, a Scriptural Way of the Cross and more
- Try a podcast from America Media: The Word with Scripture reflections, the Examen with Fr. James Martin, Jesuitical from the young, lay, hip editors at America (all are available on the itunes store and google play)
- Xavier University: Lenten prayers
- Catholic Relief Services: Rice Bowl, also with daily Lenten reflections that can be sent to your phone.
- Sign up for Dynamic Catholic's Best Lent Ever and have a short video delivered to your inbox daily during Lent.
- Bishop Robert Barron's Word On Fire podcasts.
- Share your Lenten journey on social media with Busted Halo's InstaLent Photo Challenge
- Catholic Relief Services: Stations of the Cross, a Digital Retreat
- Franciscan Media will send prayers, stories, traditions and messages of hope every day during Lent to your inbox.
- There's an app for that! View some of the best apps for Lent compiled by catholicaptitude.com. Give space and time on your mobile device to God.
Journey through Lent with our community
Join us for LIFT during Lent - Our Road to Emmaus
Sunday 3/11 following the 11am Mass or Monday 3/12 @ 5:30 pm - we will explore being LIFTed by Science.
snow dates (March 18th and 19th)
Communal Reconciliation Services during Lent -
Experience God's mercy and forgiveness
Holy Spirit - East Greenbush every Saturday from 3 to 3:30pm
Wednesday, 3/7 @ St. John/St. Joseph - Rennsselaer (12:10 pm)
Thursday, 3/8 @ Immaculate Conception - New Lebanon (7pm)
Wednesday, 3/14 @ St. Henry's - Averill Park (7pm)
Thursday, 3/15 @ St. Mary's - Nassau (7pm)
Monday, 3/19 @ St. Mary's- Clinton Heights (7pm)
Wednesday, 3/21 @ Sacred Heart - Castleton (7pm)
Extra Lenten Mass Opportunities:
Wednesdays @ 6pm beginning 2/21 @ St. Mary's Clinton Heights
Fridays @ 6:15pm beginning 2/23 @ Holy Spirit
Stations of the Cross - on Friday's @ 7 pm during Lent for our local Catholic parishes - hosted by Holy Spirit, East Greenbush
Holy Thursday 3/29- Mass of the Lord's Supper @ 7 pm followed by Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
Good Friday 3/30 - Stations of the Cross for all ages @ 3 pm
Communion Service & Veneration of the Cross @ 7 pm
Easter Vigil 3/31 - @ 8pm
Easter Sunday 4/1 - @ 8:30, 10:00 and 11:30 am