Do you want to fast this Lent?
In the words of Pope Francis
Fast from hurting words and say kind words.
Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude.
Fast from anger and be filled with patience.
Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.
Fast from worries and have trust in God.
Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
Fast from pressures and be prayerful.
Fast from bitterness and fill your hearts with joy.
Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
Fast from grudges and be reconciled.
Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.
The following videos will have you thinking about Lent in a different way. Check them out. View one a day or binge watch. Lent - 40 days that can change your life! What are you waiting for?
Online opportunities to explore for Lenten prayer and reflection:
- "Please Don't Give Up Social Media for Lent" from Busted Halo.
- "A Not-so-Radical Proposal for Your Lenten Season: Do Nothing" from the Jesuit Post.
- Sign up for Dynamic Catholic's Best Lent Ever and have a short video delivered to your inbox daily during Lent.
- From the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB): Daily Lenten Reflections, Lenten Prayer; including Lectio Divina, a Scriptural Way of the Cross and more
- Journey through Lent with the Diocese of Albany resource page.
- Catholic Relief Services: Rice Bowl, also with daily Lenten reflections that can be sent to your phone.
- Loyola Press, a Jesuit Ministry: Lenten Resources: online retreats, prayers,articles and videos; Living Lent Daily, daily Lenten reflections that can be emailed directly to you.
- Try a podcast from America Media: The Word with Scripture reflections, the Examen with Fr. James Martin, Jesuitical from the young, lay, hip editors at America (all are available on the itunes store and google play)
- From Ave Maria Press: Ave Explores Lent, podcasts and more to help you during the Lenten season.
- Online Ministries from Creighton University: Praying Lent this Year; reflections, prayers, audio and retreats for Lent
- Bishop Robert Barron's Word On Fire podcasts.
- Share your Lenten journey on social media with Busted Halo's InstaLent Photo Challenge
- Busted Halo's Pray, Fast Give calendar and other resources.
- Catholic Relief Services: Stations of the Cross, a Digital Retreat
- Franciscan Media prayers, stories, traditions about Lent
- Daily Lenten Reflections from Richard Rohr.
- There's an app for that! View some of the best apps for Lent compiled by catholicaptitude.com. Remember to check your app store for new apps added every day. Give space and time on your mobile device to God.